Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update 4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilik 64
Admin
Kilik 64

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Update 4 Empty
PostSubject: Update 4   Update 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:25 pm

Wassup, guys! Welcome to the Christmas special update! I thought this would be a nice gift, so here we go! Lot's of stuff to cover today.

First order of business, the villains! I've alread told you guys about all of the lords you will face in this game, so let's talk about the baddies...
Update 4 4MW
Oh, darn! It looks like my photobucket account blacked out the mugs so you can't see them. Oh well. These four are underlings of the big bad final, and four very powerful enemies you'll be facing. They possess an extremely rare and incredible power. They can use both magic AND weapons. This will make them serious threats to anyone they face. They each also command one of the four types of weapons in the game; swords, axes, bows, and lances. By the look of the silhouettes, there appear to be three guys and one girl. Maybe as time goes by, my photobucket will let me show a better pic of them.

Next up on the list, fixing classes! Yes, there are actually things to fix in Fire Emblem. I know it sounds crazy.

One of the biggest complaints I hear about FE is the archers. They can only shoot 2 spaces away, they can't protect themselves up close, and the longbow sucks. So, let's see some remedies to this problem.
Update 4 Crossbow
The first of which is the introduction of the crosswbows from FE10. With these babies, You can now attack at point blank. These special bows also have more accuracy than the normal ones. To balance that, though, they are weaker and slightly heavier than normal bows. So, it's up to you whether or not you use them.
Update 4 FarShot3
The next improvement is the special ability of snipers. It's known as Far Shot. This gives them one more panel range for all of their attacks. This means that with normal bows, they can now attack from 2-3 spaces. With a crossbow, they can attack from 1-3 spaces, and with a long bow, they can shoot from a whopping 4 spaces away! While accuracy decreases the farther away the shot is, this an invaluable skill to them. This allows them to do a variety of things better than before.
Update 4 FarShot
Because archers can attack from farther away, they work as much better cover fire. They can assault the enemy from safer distances, while the main forces cut down their weakened foe. Because of their range, they are able to do this job more effectively than in previous games. They can even give magic users a run for their money now!
Update 4 FarShot2
They can also be used to thin out ranks when you are outnumbered. Just get them to a safe place when they can pick off enemies and watch them go. With their elongated firing distance, they can thin out enemies much more quicker than before.

Another annoyance people have is with theives and the things that they can and cannot steal. So, in Days of Darkness, thieves will be able to steal anything that is not equipped. That's right. If it ain't nailed down, they can snag it. Also, about retrieving items. When an item is stolen by a thief, (either by stealing it from someone or finding it in a chest) you can defeat them to regain it. However, it gets tricky if they steal more than one thing. If that happens, then you will be allowed to choose one item the have on them to keep. It sucks not to get everything, but it's better than just getting the last thing they stole. Just try to kill them BEFORE they steal anything next time.

Next thing on the agenda is the story. Now, I know I've given you guys the prolouge to the game, but you haven't really gotten to see the real deal. What really happens in this game? Well, here's how we start. Prince Shadow (again, just his alias) is just hangin' around, looking for something to do in the castle. Unfortunately, his dad comes to him with news that he is to attend another meeting with those stuffy nobles. Sick with the idea, he heads out and runs into General Regal, who is teacing some of the new recruits about battle. He has a small refresser course with Shadow, (which is the only game tutorial) and than takes him back. He still doesn't want to go to the meeting, so he takes off again, this time making his way to a small village under attack. He initially plans to just ignoe it and send soldiers to help them, but upon seeing innocent people slaughtered like cattle, he draws his swords and charges headfirst into battle. Thankfully some knights arrive as reinforcements. A few days later, Shadow is in town (whoever is in charge of keeping him at home needs to be fired), and hears from some soldiers that he is wanted among a neighboring country for attacking a village which several people from their capitol city were visiting. He comes out of the crowd to protest this claim, only to have their commander ride forward and demand his arrest. He prepares to fight, but when the commander threatens to hurt the citizenry, he turns himself over. As they take him away, Shadow quickly realizes that the village attack was a setup, and that there was more going on than meets the eye.

Well, that's a nice starting blurb of the game. You'll see more as you play. Oh, and about the tutorial thing. The most basic controls will be explained in the prolouge chapter. After that, anything else you need to know will be taught in the tutorial mode. If you choose not to do it, that's not my poblem. You take responsibility.

Finally, I'd like to finish off with the extra chapters. Extra chapters will be a set of missions playable once you beat the game. They will be playable with any save file, but the enemies you face there are no joke. Every enemy you face will rival the stats of your units, and some will even surpass your own. It will be a true test of skill to outmatch these foes. Alot of them will be cameo appearances from charactes from other series of games, books, or TV. You might see a familiar face or two!

You can actually submit a cameo character or original character of your own creation to be in an exrta chapter. If you are submitting a cameo character, than you need to follow these rules.
-Your must e-mail me about who you are doing to avoid repeats. Do not start until I confirm that it hasn't been done to avoid wasting time and effort. If you starta character and then send it, don't get mad at me if it's been taken. Your character can be from any game, TV show, or book, provided that the character isn't overly obscene in any way (don't submit something from that Girls Gone Wild game, etc.)
-Your character sheet needs a regular attack, critical, and dodge for each attack that the do, with a maximum of 5 attacks. If the character uses magic swords, throwing spears, throwing axes, etc. then you need frames for those as well. Our spriters will not be doing any work to complete your sheets for you. If the are just rearranging some spites already done, then sure. But the' won't be doing any real work on them.
-Your standing sprite needs to fit on the little tile thing you stand on during battle.
-Your character will need an overworld icon sheet as well. Those are actually pretty easy to do.
-Your character also needs a mug done. That's the face thing we see in the stat screen.
-You can choose to have multiple people work on a sheet. If that's the case, each worker will get joint credit. I'm not going through the trouble to say who did what and how much, so don't ask.
-Finally, our work will go through a quick sceening process. If it's not of a certain qualit, then it will be rejected. Just so people don't recolor a sheet and add a new weapon, then turn it in. We don't expect perfection, but a little bit of time, creativity, and effort would be nice.

If you are submitting your own made-up character, than you need to follow these rules.
-Make sure you send the character's name along with the sheet.
-Your character sheet needs a regular attack, critical, and dodge for each attack that the do, with a maximum of 5 attacks. If the character uses magic swords, throwing spears, throwing axes, etc. then you need frames for those as well. Our spriters will not be doing any work to complete your sheets for you. If the are just rearranging some spites already done, then sure. But the' won't be doing any real work on them.
-Your standing sprite needs to fit on the little tile thing you stand on during battle.
-Your character will need an overworld icon sheet as well. Those are actually pretty easy to do.
-Your character also needs a mug done. That's the face thing we see in the stat screen.
-You can choose to have multiple people work on a sheet. If that's the case, each worker will get joint credit. I'm not going through the trouble to say who did what and how much, so don't ask.
-Finally, our work will go through a quick sceening process. If it's not of a certain quality, then it will be rejected. Just so people don't recolor a sheet and add a new weapon, then turn it in. We don't expect perfection, but a little bit of time, creativity, and effort would be nice. Also, since these are fan characters, they need to look different. Fan characters can be rejected if they too closely resemble a previous submission. If that happens, we'll go with the one submitted first.

Well, that's all for my Christmas special! I hope you enjoyed it, and sorry for it not being up earlier in the day. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kilik 64 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.exe-fusion.netfast.org/
bob99
Squire
bob99

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Update 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4   Update 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I dunno if this has been asked thousands of times but is the game gonna be realy challenging?
I mean, fe7 was ok and fe6 i found hard (but i never use arenas so idk).

Will the game be completable by people who don't know all the other games like the back of their hands and have incredible strategy?
Back to top Go down
Kilik 64
Admin
Kilik 64

Update 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4   Update 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:45 am

I don't see why not playing other FE games would matter. As far as incredible strategy, I dunno... I can assure that there will be at least a few chapters that cannot be completed without some sort of strategy. All of arena abusing in the world won't help.
Back to top Go down
Roy766
Adventurer
Roy766

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Update 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4   Update 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:01 am

Tally Youngblood as a cameo character! Mwu ha ha!
Back to top Go down
http://nwom.freesmfhosting.com
Kilik 64
Admin
Kilik 64

Update 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4   Update 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 am

Also, art was done by the member Piano....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 4   Update 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update 4
Page 1 of 1